I tell ya, HMV is a dangerous place! Dangerous for the wallet and the mind, that is... haha
I went in to buy a specific Oasis CD and nothing else, thinking I really could save something for the Christmas wish list. Five meters and 10 seconds into the store, the self-discipline went out the window when I got hypnotized by a 2 for £10 offer! Such an easy victim I am.
Five Oasis CDs in my hands, then ventured downstairs to have a peek at the DVDs. Of all things, I ended up buying an old mini-series called "Shogun", which I have just started watching. Richard Chamberlain has the lead, and I thought it would be good since The Thorn Birds and his version of The Bourne Identity are some of my favorite TV-series.
Boy was I wrong. I find myself laughing in all the wrong places. Sometimes cause the costumes are so bad, or the dialogue is lame. Chamberlain could have at least made an attempt at an English accent, since after all the story is set in early 17th century Japan, and he plays an English navigator. Not much chance he'd have an American accent... And move it along a bit quicker, please! This series is just as painfully embarrassing to watch as the Mamma Mia movie, though perhaps a bit more embarrassing to own. If anyone asks, I'll say it was a gift. I am still hoping to find out why Shogun has received such praise. So far I much prefer the Tom Cruise version of the same basic plot, in The Last Samurai.
Anyway... Very happy about the CDs (turns out, I did need them all! Haha!), but feeling silly about the DVD box. Which had me wondering - is there a female shopping gene? One that makes all rational thoughts disappear once the idea of acquiring something new comes to mind... Not that I made that much damage to my budget this time... I think have done much worse at the Virgin Megastore by DisneyWorld. But music, movie, and book stores seem to be my biggest weakness where spending is concerned. Not safe to go alone, really.
Anyone else thinking "Heeeeey, good lookin'! Whaaaaatcha been cookin'?"? It seem to describe fairly well my emotional state when shopping...
Friday, March 27, 2009
HMV and the female shopping gene
Posted by Marianne at Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Oioioi, kjenner dette so godt att! Eg held meg no langt unna plate-, film- og bokhandlar, for det er verkleg so ekstremt lett å bli forført!
I dag "måtte" eg berre innom ein då, trengte eit Requiem me øver på i koret - og kom ut att med noko heilt anna, og Requiemet i bestilling. Slik kan det gå...
Post a Comment