I got away with paying our offered $52 (NOK 300) for not cleaning the bathroom ceiling and 3 stripes of dust in the bathroom. Not paying anything for the oven, as the other head realestate broker (not the one I initially had to deal with) agreed that there was nothing wrong with the oven, and since it had been sold anyway, the owner could not claim money for it.
The broker, the company she works for and the landlady escaped legal actions from our side, including being accused of attempted fraud (asking for almost the full buying price of the oven when it had already been sold as if nothing was wrong with it) and assisting in attempted fraud. So the landlady got a tenth of what she was asking, and I hope a wake-up call on her greedy and self-righteous behavior.
So well done, Dad! I never knew he was so well trained in legal lingo, which is a text culture I don't know well enough myself to be taken seriously enough. Victory is sweet!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Final update to the apartment mess
Posted by Marianne at Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
hehe, ei godt nøgd dame i Oslo no gitt :-)
Post a Comment